The mission of Bolger Healthcare Facilities (Country Club Manor & Catherine’s Care Center) is to see that every resident is treated equally and with respect. We will provide the tools necessary for each resident to maintain their highest quality of lifestyle and enrich the process by offering fine dining, therapy, restorative care, comprehensive care planning, skilled nursing care and activities specific to their needs.
History of Bolger Healthcare
In 1950 Guirino and Catherine Lancia realized the growing need for taking care of the elderly. They started to care for people in their home, while living upstairs with their two children. As a young child Rena Lancia Bolger helped her parents care for residents in their North Sixth Street home in downtown Steubenville, Ohio. Eventually, their home was not big enough and in 1967 the Convalescent Center opened (later renamed Catherine’s Care Center). The Center began as a facility for 30 people and expanded to hold 50 residents in 1969. Shortly after the Center opened Rena’s husband James, joined the family business. The family saw a growing need for more facilities and in 1985 the Country Club Manor was built.
Today, two of James and Rena’s three children help keep Bolger Healthcare a premier healthcare facility. Stephen Bolger, administrator, and Denise Bolger Boyle, financial manager, believe that the same level of care which started with their grandparents almost 60 years ago should continue today.
Like Guirino and Catherine, we are very proud to serve this community and participate in making the area a better place to live and work. The Bolger Family personally thanks you for taking the time to consider us in this important decision.